- Camellia Street Grill *BEST LUNCH - Blackened Fish Tacos and Terri's Fried Green Tomatoes
- Havana Cafe *BEST DINNER - This is a restaurant that feels like a home. Try Carlos' Famous Shrimp Plate
- Grimm's Stone Crab *BEST STONE CRAB - If you're serious about Stone Crab this is your place...these are right off the boat! Ask Justin for the family mustard sauce as well.
- Island Cafe *BEST BREAKFAST - Fish & Grits or Carol's Biscuits & Gravy
- Triad Seafood *BEST BBQ - Don't leave town without trying Orlo's BBQ Ribs
- Rod & Gun Club *BEST VIEW - Relax and watch the boats come in during your meal. Taylor will make sure you're taken care of.
- City Seafood *BEST BOATING STOP - Dock Space & Good Food...Candice will hook you up.
- Joanie's Blue Crab Cafe *BEST ROADSIDE STOP - This Place Is Legendary! Crab Cakes or the Swamp Combo....ask Lisa to show you their resident Alligator out back
- Anglers Cove at Port of the Islands *BEST MUSIC - In between Everglades City & Marco Island...ask Joyce for the Tuna Poke
- Subway Sandwich Shop *KEEP IT SIMPLE
- Right Choice Supermarket *Get your groceries and other necessities here. next to Tour The Glades Headquarters
Boardwalk & Hiking Trails
Local History & Roadside Stops
- HP Willaims Wayside Park *Great place to spot Alligators. Observation Deck & Picnic Tables
- Miccosukee Indian Village *Restaurant, Village & Gift Shop are cool....but stop to learn the history of the tribe.
- Ted Smallwood Store *This place is like a time capsule. If you lived here 100+ years ago this is where you shopped.
- Marco Island Museum *You must see their Calusa Indian Village...the original inhabitants of the Everglades.
- The Clyde Butcher Gallery *They call Clyde the Ansel Adams of the Everglades. Check out the nature trail out back.
- The Skunk Ape Research Center *Bigfoot has a hairy cousin here in Florida! They also have the most extensive Orchid collection in the Everglades.
- Museum of the Everglades *A great historic timeline of Everglades City and our early settlers.
- Shark Valley *Take the Ranger led tram ride to the observation tower overlooking the glades.
State & National Park Visitors Centers
- Fakahatchee Strand Preserve State Park
- Everglades National Park
- Collier Seminole State Park
- Big Cypress National Preserve
- Picayune Strand State Forest
- 10,000 Islands National Wildlife Refuge
- Florida Panther National Wildlife Refuge
Hotels, Little Roadside Stops & Good Restaurants along the Loop
Many of our guests are visiting multiple places in Florida during their stay, this is known as “The Loop”. The Loop consists of Orlando, Miami & The Keys, The Everglades and any of the beautiful West Coast destinations. Sanibel & Captiva Islands, St. Petersburg, Sarasota, etc. Even if you’re not doing the entire loop you’ll want to check out some of our Favorite Places to stay & things to do along the way.
Tampa / St Petersburg Area
- Tarpon Springs Sponge Docks
- The hidden little beach town of Pass-a-Grille
- Historic Plantation Inn - Crystal River
- Swim with Manatees in Paradise
Key Largo - Marathon - Islamorada - Key West
- Quiescence - Small / Private Snorkeling & Dive Trips THE BEST!
- Feed the giant Tarpon at Robbies Resort
- Visit the sea turtles at The Turtle Hospital
- Mel Fisher's Shipwreck Museum - Treasures of the Atocha
- Hawks Cay Resort - Marathon
- Catch Lobster with my buddy Capt. Kevin at Florida Keys Reel Adventures
- Fort Zachary Taylor State Park - The BEST Southernmost Sunset by far!!
- Mrs. Macs Kitchen Key Largo - Get your Key Lime Pie HERE.
Cape Canaveral / Orlando Area
- Dixie Crossroads for dinner
- Pick your own Oranges at the Showcase of Citrus
- Alligators & Rockets at Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge
- Meet a Moon Walker at the Astronaut Hall of Fame
- Royal Mansions Resort - Orlando
- Check the launch schedule at Kennedy Space Center
Sanibel & Captiva Islands
- Scenic drive through Ding Darling Wildlife Preserve
- Sunset at The Mucky Duck
- Lunch at The Lazy Flamingo
- Name the shells you find at The Bailey Shell Museum
- Stay at the Bamboo Breeze Cottage
- Shell Collecting at Blind Pass
Ft. Lauderdale / Miami Beach Area
- Lunch at Puerto Sagua
- Lunch or Dinner at Yard Bird
- Old School Miami - Vizcaya Gardens
- Biscayne National Park
- Fresh produce and Local Honey at Yellow Green Farmers Market
Naples / Ft Myers Beach Area
- Thomas Edison Home & Gardens
- Lee County Manatee Park
- Go see my buddy Sal at Two Meatballs in the Kitchen
- Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary - 2.5 mile boardwalk through the wilderness
- Pink Shell Resort - Ft. Myers Beach
- See the wild Gopher Tortoise at Bowditch Point Preserve
- Breakfast at Heavenly Biscuit
The Freshwater Springs of Central Florida