Everglades City is a small community with less then 600 very proud permanent residents. The hotels and restaurants here are all family owned and operated which makes them unique. Each of the restaurants have their own specialties you’ll want to try during your visit. This is a Foodie’s Paradise! Some of our restaurants are closed during the Summer months…..we’ll always let you know what your options are.
There are several options for local accommodations here and we can help you find the one that works best for you. If you have a big family we can arrange your own place with a kitchen. If you’re looking for a hotel with a pool, we got you covered. Even if your dream is to camp on a deserted island beach and wake up with the dolphins….we can make it happen! Just let us know your dates / preferences and we’ll put together a complete package for your stay here in the Everglades!
- Camellia Street Grill *BEST DINNER – Blackened Shrimp Tacos and Terri’s Fried Green Tomatoes.
- Havana Cafe *BEST LUNCH – This is a restaurant that feels like a home. Try Carlos’ Famous Shrimp Plate.
- Grimm’s Stone Crab *BEST STONE CRAB – I’ts a year round Seafood Market. Ask Justin for the family’s mustard sauce **STONE CRAB SEASON OCT 15TH – MAY 1ST**
- Hole In The Wall Pizza *BEST QUICK BITE – Look for the mural of old Ed Watson pointing the way.
- Island Cafe *BEST BREAKFAST – Fish & Grits or Carol’s Biscuits & Gravy.
- Triad Seafood *BEST BBQ – Don’t leave town without trying Orlo’s BBQ Ribs.
- Rod & Gun Club *BEST VIEW – Relax and watch the boats come in during your meal. Taylor & Patty will make sure you’re taken care of.
- City Seafood *BEST BOATING STOP – Dock Space & Good Food…Candice will hook you up.
- Joanie’s Blue Crab Cafe *BEST ROADSIDE STOP – This Place Is Legendary! Crab Cakes and Joanie’s Key Lime Pie….ask Lisa to show you their resident Alligator out back.
- Anglers Cove at Port of the Islands *BEST MUSIC – In between Everglades City & Marco Island.
- Erving’s Subway Sandwich Shop *KEEP IT SIMPLE
- Right Choice Supermarket *Get your groceries and other necessities here. Next to Tour The Glades Headquarters.
Boardwalk & Hiking Trails
- Big Cypress Bend Boardwalk
- Kirby Storter Boardwalk
- 10,000 Island Marsh Trail
- Florida Panther National Wildlife Refuge Trails
Local History & Roadside Stops
- HP Williams Wayside Park *Great place to spot Alligators. Observation Deck & Picnic Tables
- Miccosukee Indian Village *Restaurant, Village & Gift Shop are cool….but stop to learn the history of the tribe.
- Ted Smallwood Store *This place is like a time capsule. If you lived here 100+ years ago this is where you shopped.
- Marco Island Museum *You must see their Calusa Indian Village…the original inhabitants of the Everglades.
- The Clyde Butcher Gallery *They call Clyde the Ansel Adams of the Everglades. Check out the nature trail out back.
- The Skunk Ape Research Center *Bigfoot has a hairy cousin here in Florida! They also have the most extensive Orchid collection in the Everglades.
- Museum of the Everglades *A great historic timeline of Everglades City and our early settlers.
- Shark Valley *Take the Ranger led tram ride to the observation tower overlooking the glades.
- Birdon Rd – Turner River Rd *See Aligators – Turtles – Birds
- Janes Senic Dr *Find Ghost Orchids
- The Legendary Loop Road * See Panther – Black Bear – Birds
State & National Park Visitors Centers
- Everglades National Park
- Collier Seminole State Park
- Big Cypress National Preserve
- Picayune Strand State Forest
- 10,000 Islands National Wildlife Refuge
- Florida Panther National Wildlife Refuge
- Oasis Visitors Center – Big Cypress
Hotels, Little Roadside Stops & Good Restaurants along the Loop
Many of our guests are visiting multiple places in Florida during their stay, this is known as “The Loop”. The Loop consists of Orlando, Miami & The Keys, The Everglades and any of the beautiful West Coast destinations. Sanibel & Captiva Islands, St. Petersburg, Sarasota, etc. Even if you’re not doing the entire loop you’ll want to check out some of our Favorite Places to stay & things to do along the way.
Tampa / St Petersburg Area
- Tarpon Springs Sponge Docks
- The hidden little beach town of Pass-a-Grille
- Historic Plantation Inn – Crystal River
- Swim with Manatees in Paradise
Key Largo – Marathon – Islamorada – Key West
- Quiescence – Small / Private Snorkeling & Dive Trips THE BEST!
- Feed the giant Tarpon at Robbies Resort
- Visit the sea turtles at The Turtle Hospital
- Mel Fisher’s Shipwreck Museum – Treasures of the Atocha
- Hawks Cay Resort – Marathon
- Catch Lobster with my buddy Capt. Kevin at Florida Keys Reel Adventures
- Fort Zachary Taylor State Park – The BEST Southernmost Sunset by far!!
- Mrs. Macs Kitchen Key Largo – Get your Key Lime Pie HERE.
Cape Canaveral / Orlando Area
- Dixie Crossroads for dinner
- Pick your own Oranges at the Showcase of Citrus
- Alligators & Rockets at Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge
- Meet a Moon Walker at the Astronaut Hall of Fame
- Royal Mansions Resort – Orlando
- Check the launch schedule at Kennedy Space Center
Sanibel & Captiva Islands
- Scenic drive through Ding Darling Wildlife Preserve
- Sunset at The Mucky Duck
- Lunch at The Lazy Flamingo
- Name the shells you find at The Bailey Shell Museum
- Stay at the Bamboo Breeze Cottage
- Shell Collecting at Blind Pass
Ft. Lauderdale / Miami Beach Area
- All Things Miami Beach – Pauline & Stephanie can get you all set up
- Lunch at Puerto Sagua
- Lunch or Dinner at Yard Bird
- Old School Miami – Vizcaya Gardens
- Biscayne National Park
- Fresh produce and Local Honey at Yellow Green Farmers Market
Naples / Ft Myers Beach Area
- Thomas Edison Home & Gardens
- Lee County Manatee Park
- Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary – 2.5 mile boardwalk through the wilderness
- Pink Shell Resort – Ft. Myers Beach
- See the wild Gopher Tortoise at Bowditch Point Preserve
- Breakfast at Heavenly Biscuit